Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Reason #163 that I Love Coeur d'Alene

Two words: Garage Sales.

You really cannot beat a Saturday morning in Coeur d'Alene going garage sale shopping. Well, sleeping in might be an alternative, but for an avid shopper like myself, garage sales are the perfect way to start the weekend. Here is a list of my recent finds:
  • Boat Tube - $5
  • Pyrex serving dishes (2) - $6
  • 2 lb. hand weights - $1
  • Picture Frame - $.50
  • Giant dog water bowl - $.25
  • 8 Kenny G CD's - $.50
  • Stuffed animal for Jersey to destroy - $.25
  • Lamp - $4
$17.50 later, I am a very happy camper with my new finds. Jersey is thrilled with her new water dish and stuffed rooster and Grant is content with the morning after a delicious donut at The Donut House in Hayden. Not too shabby for a few early morning hours of junk shopping.

On the flip side of doing garage sale shopping is the joy of having a garage sale of your very own. I had one over Memorial Day weekend and let me tell you, if you're a people watcher like me, have a garage sale. It's totally worth it to dig through your storage, dust off your junk and clutter your lawn with the remnants of your past. I guarantee that you will thoroughly enjoy the kinds of people who come out of the woods to catch a great deal or two. Garage sales also bring out the WORLD'S WORST DRIVERS. Drive ridiculously slow, slam on the brakes, and park in the middle of the road because that is clearly the best parking spot.

Reason #1 why I hate Coeur d'Alene - BAD DRIVERS.

Reason #2 why I hate Coeur d'Alene - The winter of 2008 that still has not ended. A few degrees cooler today and it would be snowing. In June.

No comments: